Prospect Valley Gold Rush Fun Run - October 4, 2019
Get ready for some super FUN fundraising for our amazing school!
- What is the Gold Rush Fun Run?
- Instead of the 5K/1K race we’ve had in previous years, we’ll be having a Fun Run on school grounds during students’ specials (art, music, P.E.) classes. We’ll set up a 1/10 mile course with music along the course, obstacles for kids of all abilities (like a bubble station, pool noodle run through, dance zone and more), and spectators cheering the kids on. Kids will have 30 minutes (20 for K/1st graders) to run as many laps as possible.
- How does the Fun Run raise money for Prospect Valley?
- Students will collect pledges on a per lap basis or a fixed donation. All donations can be made online at: www.pvfunrun.dojiggy.com. This one fundraiser has the potential to replace all of our other fundraisers, and still exceed our goals for the year!
- When is the Fun Run?
- It will be on Friday, October 4th (October 11th if we have bad weather).
- Can I pledge more than a dollar per lap?
- Yes, of course! You may pledge any amount that you feel comfortable with. You may also pledge a flat donation unrelated to the number of laps, but of course we are trying to motivate the kids to run more laps!
- Does my child have to participate in the Fun Run?
- Your child does not have to collect pledges, but they will be expected to participate in the same way that they are expected to participate in P.E. We will have volunteers monitoring the children and a nurse/first aid station available.
- Can I help with the Fun Run?
- You bet! We’d love your help! If you’re interested, please email email@example.com or fill out your Ticket for Time (in your child’s registration folder) and we’ll add you to the list. Expect an update sometime this summer!
- What if I just want to watch?
- We’d love the energy and support of our school community along the Fun Run course- come cheer the kids on!
- Will there be awards for the kids?
- Most definitely! Every child will receive a Fun Run participation prize and be eligible for prizes at both the donation level and for top fundraisers. Prizes will be awarded after we have tallied all the donations.
Additional Questions/Ideas: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org