Prospect Valley Fun run - October 1, 2021
What is the Fun Run?
The PV Fun Run is our largest PTA fundraising event of the year! This is our one and only fundraiser for the year, and our goal is to raise $33,000 to fully fund our school’s fantastic PTA-sponsored events and programs for the entire school year. This event is a super fun way for the kids to help raise money for our school. Every kid is a part of the FUN, and 100% of the profits go to support our school and our PTA!
How does it work?
- Students will collect pledges from family, neighbors and friends on a per lap basis (i.e. $3 per lap) or a flat donation (i.e. $30) before October 1st. Start collecting now!
- On Friday, Oct. 1st, during their Art, Music or PE class, each student will have 30 minutes (20 minutes for kinder and first grade students) to run/walk/skip/dance as many laps as possible around our Fun Run loop. We’ll tally up all the laps before students leave school that day so they can then collect on pledges they have received.
- You have the option to collect pledges/donations online or in person this year.
- Each student can create an online fundraising page in Member Hub (the company hosting our fundraising website). See the attachment below for detailed instructions about how to create your student’s account at https://app.memberhub.gives/pvfunrun. Register them ASAP and start sharing the link to their page via email, social media and text to get those donations rolling in!
- If you would like to collect cash/checks as well (or instead of online fundraising), fill out the pledge form on this page, and make sure to return it to your child’s teacher by October 8th with all money collected. The pledge form does not need to be filled out if you are only receiving online donations.
- After all monies have been turned in on October 8th, prizes will be ordered and delivered to students ASAP (usually within 2 weeks of the event). Prizes will be distributed at school.
Tell me all about the Prizes!
- All students will receive a Prospect Valley water bottle to use for the Fun Run, which they’ll get to keep forever and use to show their school spirit. But that’s just the beginning...
- The more donations a student brings in, the more prizes they will win. When they reach a donation level of $25, $50, $100, $250 or $500, students will win a different fun prize. And- all prizes are cumulative- the more money you raise, the more prizes you’ll get! So, a student who collects $500 in donations will receive all of the prizes for each fundraising level. Prizes are shown in the Participant Center page (https://app.memberhub.gives/pvstudent) and are also on display at the school!
What are we raising money for this year?
- Our goal is to fully fund all PTA-sponsored events and programs at Prospect Valley, so that we would not need to ask our wonderful families to do more fundraising this year! This includes community building events, like the school carnival; curriculum enhancement, such as the spelling bee and science fair; and school support programs, like staff appreciation week.
- The PTA also contributes to teacher classroom and tech needs, important classroom initiatives and educational tools (such as Dreambox and BrainPop subscriptions), new books for our library, safety upgrades, field trips, supplies for our Specials classes and much more.
Do I get a say in how the money raised is spent?
- Absolutely- we’d love to hear your voice! All PTA members get a vote on fund requests from the school and PTA committees. Fund requests are presented at our monthly PTA meetings, and we’ll be voting on requests via email polls. You can still vote even if you can’t attend the meetings! If you’re not already a member of the Prospect Valley PTA, please visit prospectvalleypta.org to join.
Questions or want to help with the Fun Run? Please email us at email@example.com. We especially need volunteers on the day of the event to help us make things run smoothly and cheer on our Prospectors as they GO FOR THE GOLD! Thank you so much in advance for making a difference for our school!
Member Hub Participant Sign-Up Instructions
Manual Pledge Form